VMware vSAN™ 6.7 U3 is GA as of August 20, 2019!
Cloud Native Applications
- Cloud Native Storage: Introducing vSphere integrated provisioning and management of Kubernetes persistent volumes (PVs) and a CSI (Container Storage Interface) based plugin. This integration enables unified management of modern and traditional applications in vSphere.
- Enhanced day 2 monitoring: vSAN’s capacity dashboard has been overhauled for greater simplicity, and the resync dashboard now includes improved completion estimates and granular filtering of active tasks
- Data migration pre-check report: A new detailed report for greater insight and predictive analysis of host maintenance mode operations
- Greater resiliency with capacity usage conditions: Key enhancements include reduced transient capacity usage for policy changes, and improved remediation during capacity-strained scenarios
- Automated rebalancing: Fully automate all rebalancing operations with a new cluster-level configuration, including modifiable thresholds
- Native support for Windows Server Failover Clusters: Deploy WSFC natively on vSAN VMDKs with SCSI-3 persistent reservations
Enhanced Performance & Availability
- Performance enhancements: Deduplication & compression enabled workloads will have improved performance in terms of predictable I/O latencies and increased sequential I/O throughput
- Availability enhancements: Optimizations to sequential I/O throughput and resync parallelization will result in faster rebuilds
Documentation and Links: